Packed with protein from the quinoa this recipe can be served as a main entrée or enjoyed as a side dish. The green and red colors are perfect for a Holiday meal.
Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini & Peppers
For PDF copy of recipe, Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini and Peppers
Serves 2 to 4
2 red peppers
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup Quinoa
2 cups Water
1 tsp Salt
1/2 Onion, finely chopped
1 Carrot, finely chopped
2 cup Raw Spinach, finely chopped
2 tbsp Olive oil
Pepper to taste
1/2 tsp Basil (or 1 tbsp fresh)
- Add quinoa, salt and water to a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise. With a spoon scoop out centre. Set aside.
- Cut peppers in half. Remove stem, seeds and white parts. Set aside.
- In a frying pan add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté peppers and zucchini on both sides until browned (about 10 minutes). Set aside.
- In same frying pan add chopped onions, carrots, spinach and pepper. Sauté for about 15 minutes. Add to cooked quinoa along with 2 tablespoons olive oil, pepper and basil. Stir.
- Place zucchini and peppers on parchment lined baking tray, and fill with quinoa mixture.
- Cover and bake in 350° oven for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.