Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
Makes 1 Serving
For a PDF copy of this recipe, Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
1/2 cup quinoa (makes approx. 2 cups cooked)
1 cup water
1/2 cup cooked beans (look for salt free brands)
1 celery stalk
10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 medium carrot grated or chopped
1 green onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil and lemon juice dressing
1. Rinse quinoa under cold water to remove saponins (some quinoa sold is already rinsed).
2. Place quinoa in a pot with 1 cup of cold water, bring to a boil, cover, simmer for 15 minutes, let rest for 5 minutes.
3. While quinoa is cooking, chop and/or slice celery, tomatoes, carrot, green onion and place in a bowl.
4. Add beans to vegetables.
5. Make dressing (see recipe below).
6. Add quinoa to vegetables.
7. Mix in dressing.
Olive Oil and Lemon Juice Dressing
Makes 2 tbsp
1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 tbsp Water
1/2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1 tsp Dried Basil
1 tsp Dried Thyme
2 tsp Ground Mustard
Add all ingredients into a mason jar and shake.
Pingback: Eating Healthy = Eating Simply | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself