This recipe has been perfected with all kinds of substitutions! Our kids love this brownie and yours will too.
For PDF copy of recipe, Chocolate Brownies
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Apple Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2/3 cup Almond Flour
- 3 tbsp Cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Melt chocolate and coconut oil. Add vanilla, stir and let cool. Once cooled add apple sauce and set aside.
2. In separate bowl, beat eggs with maple syrup for 3 minutes.
3. In separate bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt.
4. Gently stir flour mixture into egg mixture.
5. Gently fold in chocolate mixture just until blended.
6. Spread batter into greased or parchment lined, 8 in square baking dish.
7. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes.
8. Cut into 16 squares.
Variation: Use other types of flour, use flax seed or chia seeds instead of eggs, add nuts to mixture before baking, make a simple strawberry sauce by blending fresh or frozen strawberries with dried dates