Need a chocolate, not-too-sweet treat that’s quick to prepare? Try these cookies sweetened with dates and Stevia.
Stevia is a calorie-free herb used as a sweetener which comes in various forms. The sweetness and flavor varies depending on the manufacturer.
For PDF copy of recipe, Chocolate Coconut Cookies
Makes 12 small cookies
- 6 Dates
- 4 tbsp Hot Water
- 2/3 cup Quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Liquid Stevia
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp Raw, Unsweetened Almond Butter
- In small bowl, soak dates in hot water and let sit for about 15 minutes or until soft.
- In separate bowl, mix quinoa flakes, coconut flour, cocoa powder, coconut flakes, salt and baking soda until well blended.
- Chop softened dates with knife or back of fork. Add vanilla extract and stevia.
- Add coconut oil and almond butter to dry ingredients and blend. Add date water mixture and blend. (If dough does not hold together, add a little more water, about 1/2 tablespoon at a time.)
- Make 12 equal balls. Place on parchment covered baking tray. Pat down with back of fork.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!