Need a little something sweet? These treats are good for days when you need something quick. Whip these up, freeze for 15 minutes, and eat one or two (in moderation) to satisfy that sweet tooth. I need to make these often because my family gobbles them up leaving me yearning for more.
Chocolate Almond Butter Delights
- 18 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (or your choice of nuts)
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or natural peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chopped)
- Place dates in food processor and process and pulse until chopped into small pieces.
- Add nuts, hemp seeds, almond butter and pulse until mixed into dates (about 20 pulses).
- Add oats and chocolate and pulse 10 times until blended. Do not over process.
- Place mixture in a 7 x 11 baking pan and press onto bottom of pan. Pat down mixture to smooth it out.
- Freeze for 15 minutes and then cut into 1 inch treats.
- If you prefer, you can roll mixture into small balls instead of placing it in baking pan.
- Use different nuts or nut butters.
- Add 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed.
Author: Aspire Perspire Nourish Yourself (www.aspireperspirenourish.com)