For PDF copy of recipe, Chicken Cutlets with Sherry Mushroom Sauce
- 1 pound chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Mary’s Gone Crackers Crackers (or whole grain crackers of choice or toasted crushed almonds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 5 large mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cooking sherry
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Marinate chicken in Greek yogurt and store in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Process enough crackers to make 1/2 cup finely ground crumbs.
- In shallow bowl, combine cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese, pepper, and dried parsley.
- Dip marinated chicken in crumb mixture to cover and place on prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes, turning half way.
- While chicken is baking, combine onions, bell peppers, thyme with grapeseed oil in medium sauce pan. Saute for 5 minutes and then add mushrooms. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and sherry to sauce pan and cook for 5-6 more minutes.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add yogurt and blend until mixed into sauce.
- Return sauce to saucepan to keep warm. If sauce is too thick, add a little more sherry or chicken stock.
- Serve warmed sauce on top of chicken or as a dip for chicken fingers.