For added protein in your morning indulgence, try these muffins. They are inspired by traditional Morning Glory muffins with the goodness of carrots and tropical fruits.
Quinoa Glory Muffins
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup shredded carrot (about 2 small carrots)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 paper baking cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients listed up to and including raisins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Be sure the egg is at room temperature so that the melted coconut oil does not clump when cooled by a cold egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold until well combined.
- Divide mixture into 12 prepared muffin tins lined with paper baking cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Let muffins cool completely before eating. When warm, the muffins will fall apart. Store in fridge or freezer.
You must be logged in to post a comment.