This pancake recipe includes pumpkin puree which adds moisture, along with beneficial nutrients such as fiber, iron and potassium. Enjoy these at breakfast or any meal.
For PDF copy, Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 cups whole grain flour (spelt, quinoa, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons maple sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond, rice or other milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg or 1 tbsp ground flax seed simmered in 3 tbsp. water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and lemon.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
- Cook on a griddle or skillet until brown on both sides.