Yes, you can improve your flexibility by eating the right foods! Certain foods can add important vitamins, minerals and lubrication to help make your body more flexible, while others may be doing the opposite.
Coffee, alcohol, excess consumption of red meat, wheat, sugar, and salt may all be affecting your flexibility by creating dehydration and inflammation.
Some nutrient rich foods you should focus on for flexibility include water, all green vegetables (spinach, broccoli, kale, asparagus, etc), and omega 3 rich foods.
Easy Salmon Fillets
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Lemon zest of 1/2 lemon
- Mix rub ingredients together.
- Pat salmon dry and coat all sides with rub.
- Cook in a heated, oiled skillet or grill for 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes.
- Enjoy hot or cold.
• When served cold, makes a great lunch or dinner during the hot summer months.
• Vary the spices to suit your tastes. Paprika, thyme, onion or garlic powder make great additions or substitutions.
Pingback: Stay Flexible for Healthy Living and Long Term Mobility | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself