A great muffin recipe with extra protein from the hemp hearts, chia seeds and almond flour. They are also high in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids from the chia seeds and hemp hearts. Enjoy with your favorite hot beverage.
Blueberry Almond Muffins – Gluten Free
Makes 12 medium muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, hemp hearts, chia seeds, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In large bowl, mash banana. Add honey, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well.
- Fold blueberries into wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes.
Pingback: What’s your body image? | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself