Enjoy these muffins for breakfast or a power break. The hemp hearts add extra protein to help you feel full. These muffins are quite dense so be sure to make them smaller.
Carrot Hemp Orange Oat Muffins
For PDF copy of recipe, Carrot Hemp Orange Oat Muffins
Makes about 18 medium muffins
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 finely chopped dates
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (or fresh)
- Blend together dry ingredients in a medium bowl, adding them to bowl in order listed.
- Whisk together wet ingredients, adding cranberries last.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and blend just until mixed.
- Divide mixture into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 24 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from tins.