Need something to warm you up during this flu season? This soup is a quick fix with a few ingredients – all great for you. Making this soup takes little preparation and can be simmering while you treat yourself to a quick snooze.
For copy of PDF recipe, Okinawan Potato Chicken Kale Soup
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 cups water
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups Okinawan sweet potatoes, cubed (about 2 small potatoes)
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 5 cups unsalted chicken stock (32 oz tetra pack)
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large stock pot, add 3 cups of water with chicken breasts and boil on medium-high for 20 minutes or until chicken no longer pink.
- Remove chicken breasts from pot and shred with fork.
- Add shredded chicken back into pot along with all other ingredients.
- Simmer soup until potatoes and carrots are soft.
- Serve with your favorite whole grain bread.