This granola is great served with yogurt, in acai bowls, or simply added to your cooked oatmeal. It can also be eaten as a snack. In less than 1 hour, you can have it ready for breakfast!
For PDF copy of recipe, Homemade Granola
Makes about 3 1/2 cups
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup hemp seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup coconut chips
- 1/8 cup cocoa nibs
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons raw honey (1/2 to 1 more if desired sweeter)
- ¼ cup dried figs (about 5)
- ¼ cup dried apricots
- ¼ cup raisins
- 4 dates, chopped
- To a large bowl, add oats, almonds, pecans, walnuts, hemp seeds, coconut chips, cocoa nibs and toss. Add ground ginger, ground allspice, cinnamon and mix well.
- Add honey and using hands incorporate honey into mixture to make sure mixture feels crumbly. Add a little more honey if you like it sweeter.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes. Take out of oven and let cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop figs, apricots, and dates. Add raisins and then add fruit mixture to oat mixture.
- Store in air-tight container.