Got some leftover chicken or turkey? Why not re-purpose it into a great, filling meal.
Chicken Tortilla Bake
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup cured olives, chopped
- 1/2 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup green chilies, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce (try our Garden Fresh tomato sauce)
- 4 whole grain tortilla shells
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano, dried basil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- In large bowl, combine chopped cooked chicken, olives, diced tomato, and chopped green chilies.
- Pour and spread 1/3 of tomato sauce on bottom of 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Place 1 tortilla shell on top of sauce and spread 1/3 of chicken mixture on top of shell.
- Sprinkle with oregano and basil.
- Add another 1/3 of tomato sauce on chicken and spread 1/3 of grated parmesan cheese.
- Place another tortilla shell on top and layer again with chicken, sauce, spices, and cheese.
- Continue for 1 more layer and then place last tortilla shell on top and remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Note: If you’d like to make a Mexican flavored version, add chili powder, cumin, and oregano to the sauce. Also switch up the mozzarella cheese with Tex-Mex shredded cheese.
Approximate Nutrition Facts for 1/8th of Serving*: Calories 206; Total Fat 8.1g; Cholesterol 51mg; Sodium 516mg; Potassium 289mg; Carbohydrates 14.7g; Dietary Fiber 3.3g; Sugars 3.1g; Protein 20.6g
*calculated using www.caloriecount.com recipe analyzer
You must be logged in to post a comment.