If you have time to bake these bars, you’ll love them as a sweet snack when on the go. Your kids will gobble these up between their extracurricular activities!
Gluten-Free Oat Bars
For PDF copy of recipe, Gluten Free Oat Bars
Makes about 20 squares
• 1 ½ cups wheat-free whole grain rolled oats
• ½ cup hulled hemp seeds
• ½ cup gluten-free baking flour
• 4 dates, Medjool
• ½ cup walnuts
• ½ cup dried mango
• ¼ cup dark 90% cocoa
• ¼ cup organic raw honey
• ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
• 1 egg white
1. In a bowl, combine oats, hemp seeds, baking flour and mix.
2. Roughly chop dates, walnuts, mango, and cocoa. Add to oat mixture and toss.
3. Add honey, coconut oil, and egg white to bowl. Using spoon or hands, mix until well blended.
4. Press mixture into prepared 9 x 9 baking dish.
5. Bake at 350° F for 20-25 minutes.
6. Let cool and then cut into 20 squares
Pingback: Nutrition on the Go | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself