Save yourself a few dollars by making your own kale chips! This popular snack is becoming a mainstream product at more than your local health food store.
For PDF copy of recipe, Baked Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into approximately 1 inch pieces (some may be smaller and that is ok).
- Wash kale and dry (try to remove as much water as possible).
- Add olive oil to kale and gently mix until evenly coated.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer to ensure crispness.
- Bake in 300 degree Celsius oven for about 20 minutes (more or less depending on your oven. Check periodically to avoid burning).
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt (more or less can be added depending on preference).
- Use different types of kale
- Add spices to vary the flavor. Cayenne pepper, chili pepper, cinnamon, etc.
- Spices and salt can be added before cooking. Experiment and see what works best for you.