Whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner, make this easy egg nest and pop it in the oven. While this egg nest cooks you’ll have time to get yourself together or prepare other dishes for your meal.
Egg Pepper Nest
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 mushroom
- 1/2 cup packed baby spring mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted or in small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut top part of bell pepper off and scoop out seeds and extra flesh from inside. Alternatively, you can cut pepper in half and carefully remove stem and seeds. Place pepper on baking sheet.
- Finely chop mushroom, spring mix.
- In small bowl, whisk egg and add chopped vegetables. Add butter, thyme, and salt and pepper. Whisk gently to combine.
- Add egg mixture into prepared pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with sliced avocado or beet & avocado salsa.