Chicken tastes so good with a nutty marinade. Switch up your peanut butter with sunflower seed butter or tahini and you’ll find a new favorite.
For PDF copy of recipe, Sunflower Seed Nut Butter Chicken
Serves 2 to 3
- 2 large chicken breasts (3/4 pound to 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup sesame seed butter (or natural peanut butter, almond butter or tahini)
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (or fresh ginger, minced)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cut chicken breasts into large 1 inch cubes or chunks.
- In a resealable plastic bag, add sesame seed butter, onion, chili powder, ginger, olive oil, lemon juice, and cubed chicken.
- Rub chicken with marinade mixture to ensure all chicken pieces are covered.
- Refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours to enhance the flavor.
- Thread cubed chicken onto skewers.
- Bake at 400º F for 25-30 minutes or grill on high for 20 minutes or until chicken no longer pink.