Easy appetizers sure to please your avocado and bacon lovers.
For PDF copy of recipe, Polenta with Avocado and Turkey Bacon
Makes 20 appetizers
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper jelly
- 250 grams (about 1/2 pound) prepared polenta
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 large avocado
- lemon juice
- Add pepper jelly to softened goat cheese (room temperature). Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Slice prepared polenta into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Hint: You can buy polenta in round packaging or prepare your own. When preparing your own, slice into 1 1/2 inch squares about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place polenta on baking sheet and brush with avocado oil.
- Cut cooked turkey bacon slices into 1 inch pieces and place on top of polenta.
- Bake polenta with bacon in 350 degree pre-heated oven for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Let polenta pieces cool for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice avocado into 1/4 inch thick pieces and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Place small dollop of goat cheese mixture on top of cooked polenta and bacon and then top with avocado piece.
Note: These appetizers fall apart easily. For ease of handling, you could also crumble the bacon, or add 2 layers of goat cheese – one between the polenta and bacon and the other between the bacon and avocado.