Been looking for a healthier version of these traditional favourite cookies? Look no further and try these out!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
For PDF copy of recipe, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Makes 20 small cookies
- 1/2 cup Oats (Large Flakes)
- 2 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 cup Boiling water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 2 tbsp Cacao Nibs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix oats and ground flaxseed together. Add boiling water and vanilla extract. Mix and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix coconut oil and maple syrup together. Add sorghum flour, baking soda and salt. Fold into oil mixture. Add oat mixture, raisins and cacao nibs and mix.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough onto prepared sheet. Place about 1/2 inch apart. Flatten with back of fork. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy!
Pingback: Muscles of the Month: Quadriceps and Hamstrings | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself