Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that grows in freshwater lakes, rivers and ponds in hot, sunny climates.
Spirulina is rich in protein, omega 3s, chlorophyll, iron, calcium and other vitamin and minerals.
No Bake Date Bars
For PDF copy of recipe,No Bake Date Bars
- 2 cups dates
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp powdered spirulina (optional)
- 2 tsp carob powder (use cocoa powder as an alternative)
- 2 tbsp quinoa flakes (use oatmeal as an alternative)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to blender. Blend until well combined.
- Form into balls or spread in an 8 x 8 dish.
- Refrigerate and cut into squares.
Note: To make a nut free version, use seed butter instead of almond butter.
Pingback: Let the Water soothe your Muscles and Build your Strength | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself