Want to use up that salmon you cooked up last night? Here is a great, quick recipe for a pate as a mid-day snack or appetizer for your next gathering.
For PDF copy of recipe, Salmon Pate
Makes about 1 cup
- ¼ cup soft goat cheese
- ½ cup cooked salmon (or canned)
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp dried oregano (or 2 tbsp fresh chopped oregano)
- 1/8 cup roasted pecans, chopped
- In small bowl, mix goat cheese, yogurt, and oregano.
- Flake salmon. We prefer left over cooked salmon which has been baked with spices. However you can use canned salmon if you prefer.
- Fold in flaked salmon into goat cheese mixture.
- Roast pecans in oven at 400° F for about 7 minutes, turning once half way. Let cool and chop.
- Sprinkle pecan pieces on pate.
- Serve with veggies or whole grain crackers.
Pingback: Food Obsession: A Personal Diary | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself