A little planning and no fuss delivers a great breakfast or treat. This recipe is prepared ahead and stored in the fridge in a thermos container until ready to eat.
For PDF copy of recipe, Overnight Oatmeal Treat
Makes 1 serving
- 1/4 apple, diced
- 1/4 cup quick oatmeal (we used Coach’s Oats 100% Whole Grain Oatmeal)
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons dried cranberries (sweetened with apple juice)
- 4 teaspoons greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a thermos container or container with lid.
- Refrigerate overnight (at least 12 hours).
- Next day, toss lightly and enjoy.
Note: If you like your oatmeal on the sweet side, add a sprinkle of brown sugar. This can be eaten as a breakfast or as an evening treat if prepared in the morning.