This is such a versatile recipe as it can be made as a vegetarian dish by substituting chickpeas for the chicken. Also, if you don’t have vegetable stock on hand, you can use brewed ginger tea or fennel tea.
For PDF copy of recipe, Chicken Coconut Soup
- 3 Chicken Breasts (Boneless, no skin), thinly sliced or chunks
- 2 tsp Red Curry Paste (less or more depending on how spicy you enjoy your food)
- 1 can Coconut Milk (check ingredients for no added preservatives)
- 3 cups Vegetable stock (no sodium)
- 1 large Carrot, thickly sliced
- 2 Green Onion, chopped
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 5 Cremini Mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 1 tbsp Tamari Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Lime or Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsps Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Saute sliced chicken breast in about 1/4 cup of coconut milk until browned.
- Add curry paste to chicken and stir until blended.
- Add vegetables, coconut milk, vegetable stock, tamari sauce and lime juice. Stir and cook on medium for about 20 minutes.
- Add cilantro, stir and serve.
For a complete meal, serve with brown rice or rice noodles and a salad on the side.