Baked meatballs are easy and mess free. These moist and flavorful meatballs can be served as an entree, in tomato sauce with pasta/rice, or as an appetizer with dipping sauce.
Beef & Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef 95% lean
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- In large bowl, combine beef, chicken, wheat germ, almond meal, cheese, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Lightly whisk eggs with chili sauce.
- Add egg mixture to meat mixture. Using hands mix thoroughly to combine.
- Using spoon or hands, scoop teaspoon-sized amount of mixture and roll into balls. Lay balls on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time.
- Serve plain, in Homemade Tomato Sauce, or with dipping sauce as appetizer.