Another great asparagus recipe to serve during your outdoor entertaining in this glorious month of May.
Greek Style Asparagus Antipasto
For PDF copy of recipe, Greek Style Asparagus Antipasto
- 1/3 cup sweet onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 6 spears Asparagus, sliced in 1/8-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped (about 6)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup goat feta cheese, crumbled or chopped
- Sauté onions with grapeseed oil until translucent.
- Add asparagus, peppers, lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and cook for about more 3 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In small bowl, mix tomatoes, thyme, oregano.
- Add cooled asparagus mixture.
- Add feta cheese and toss.
- Store in refrigerator for a least 1 hour.
- Serve with whole grain crackers as an appetizer or use as topping for chicken, fish, or beef.
Pingback: Muscle of the Month: Tantalizing Triceps | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself