Bring this impressive dish as an appetizer to your next gathering! This recipe can also be used to make a ‘clean’ egg salad.
Be sure to make these shortly before the event to keep them looking fresh. The avocado will give the dish a brown hue when left out too long or prepared too early.
For PDF copy of recipe, Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground yellow mustard (use 1/2 teaspoon for stronger mustard taste)
- 1 teaspoon greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper
- Slice hard-boiled eggs in half and carefully remove yolks.
- Place yolks in small bowl and mash.
- Add to bowl mashed avocado, ground mustard, greek yogurt, cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place egg whites on platter and spoon mashed mixture evenly onto egg whites or use a piping bag to fill egg whites.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper over eggs. Serve.
- Instead of greek yogurt, substitute avocado oil or olive oil
- Chop all eggs and create egg salad