Beef is a good source of protein, iron, zinc, and the B vitamins. Consume it as part of a balanced diet.
For PDF copy of recipe, Pan Seared Steak
Makes 3 portions
- 12 oz striploin steak (all visible fat removed), 1 1/2” thick
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 4 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Coat pan with olive oil and heat on medium.
- Add steak, sear for 6 minutes on each side.
- Remove cooked steak, place on cutting board, let cool slightly and thinly slice. Set aside (it will still be very raw).
- In pan add 1/2 tbsp olive oil, heat on medium. Add garlic, onions and mushrooms. Cook until browned (about 10 minutes).
- Add sliced steak into pan with garlic, onions and mushrooms. Add vinegar, stir and cook until desired doneness. Add salt and pepper.
Note: Cast iron pans are great for searing. The meats become crisp and browned to perfection.