Like the creamy texture of risotto? This effortless rice recipe will give you that texture and great flavor.
Makes 6 servings as main dish
- 1 onion
- 2 small carrots
- 2 green onions
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice
- 8 cups water or stock
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Finely chop onions and carrots or process in food processor.
- Heat butter in large pot and sauté onion and carrot mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Add spinach, brown rice, water, salt and basil. Stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 1 hour or until water is absorbed and rice is a creamy texture.
- Serve with grated Romano or parmesan cheese.
Note: Serve as a main dish with a side salad or as a side dish.