Searching for a way to add more protein to your sweet treats? Using protein powders is an easy solution. We tested ALOHA’s protein powder in this recipe, and are pleased with the result.
**Please note that we have links on this page that will give us a small commission if you choose to buy their products.
Chocolate Mint Protein Bars
For PDF copy of recipe, Chocolate Mint Protein Bars
Makes 8 x 8 pan (20-25 pieces)
- 37g or 2 ½ tablespoons chocolate protein powder (We used ALOHA brand Chocolate Protein Powder)**
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- In medium bowl, combine protein powder, flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix with whisk or spoon.
- In small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, apple sauce, eggs, and mint extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold mixture until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into squares. Store in airtight container in fridge for cold treat or breakfast boost.
Pingback: Reboot Your Emotions | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself