Want to eat more fish? A good recipe with a mediterranean flare that your family will enjoy.
Mediterranean Style Cod
For PDF copy of recipe, Mediterranean Style Cod
Makes 4 servings
- Olive oil or butter
- 800 g cod fillets, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 6 tbsp brown rice flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups kale, leaves only, finely chopped
- 8 olives, pitted and chopped (oil cured)
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- Combine brown rice flour, salt and oregano together.
- Lightly coat the cod pieces in the flour mixture.
- Add about a ½ tbsp of oil or butter to fry pan and sauté cod in batches until browned on both sides. Set aside.
- In same fry pan sauté onion, garlic, kale and olives for about 10 minutes adding oil if necessary. Add crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce and cook until heated. Add browned cod, cover and cook until heated through.
- Serve with steamed rice, quinoa or steamed vegetables.