Lazy Sunday? Treat yourself and your family to a great meal that takes little time to make.
For PDF copy of recipe, Chicken Scallopini
- 250 grams (about 1/2 pound) boneless, skinless chicken breast (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Mix flour, salt, pepper together, in a shallow plate.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in pan on medium. Brown chicken on both sides. Set aside.
- Heat rest of olive oil in pan, add onions and mushrooms. Saute for about 10 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar cook for 5 minutes then add chicken stock.
- Add chicken to stock mixture and cook until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened.
- Sauce can be pureed
- Buy thinly sliced chicken or make your own by buying chicken breast, slicing and pounding
- If you prefer, you can use veal instead of chicken