There are some ingredients we always have in our house like goat cheese, tortilla shells, and hot pepper jelly. With these base ingredients you can make a variety of snacks and appetizers.
Throw into these veggie roll-ups whatever veggies you have such as zucchini, bean sprouts, lettuce, peppers, jicama, radishes, etc. Top off with a little sweetness like raisins or other dried fruit.
- 2/3 cup goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 whole grain tortilla shells
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, hot pepper jelly, and salt (if using) and whisk to combine well.
- Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture on each of the tortilla shells.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of celery, carrots, cranberries, feta cheese on top of cheese mixture of each tortilla shell.
- Roll up each tortilla shell jelly style. Wrap in plastic seal and store in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, slice each tortilla in half-inch slices.