Strawberries for dinner? This pasta toss is a quick fix for a busy night. Double up the recipe for a larger crowd or for leftover lunch the next day.
Strawberry Basil Pasta Toss
For PDF copy of recipe, Strawberry Basil Pasta Toss
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Romano cheese, shredded
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook favorite pasta as directed. Use buckwheat pasta or other gluten free type if preferred.
- Sauté celery in oil for 2-3 minutes (softer with a bit of crunch).
- Add balsamic vinegar, and then strawberries and basil and toss for about 1 minute.
- Add strawberry sauce onto pasta and sprinkle with Romano cheese and salt and pepper. Enjoy.
Pingback: Monthly Food Feature: Strawberries | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself