A vegetable as dessert? Why not? Asparagus is in season during May so it’s a perfect time to create all kinds of interesting recipes with this vegetable.
For PDF copy of recipe, Asparagus-Mango Crisp
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 cups chopped mango
- 175 grams asparagus, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup mango juice (or juice of 1 orange)
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place chopped mango in medium bowl and set aside.
- In small saucepan, cook on medium-low for about 4 minutes the asparagus, mango juice, and 2 tablespoons honey. Let cool.
- Add asparagus mixture to mango and toss mixture with cornstarch. Set aside.
- In large bowl, blend almond flour, oats, shredded coconut, hazelnuts, nutmeg.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and coconut oil to flour mixture and blend to form crumble using hands or pastry cutter.
- Add 1 cup of crumbled mixture to mango-asparagus mixture and toss.
- In prepared baking dish, pour mango-asparagus mixture at bottom. Cover with crumble mixture.
- Bake covered in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes to brown top. Serve warm.
- Serve with ice cream or greek yogurt (optional).
Pingback: Muscle of the Month: Tantalizing Triceps | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself