Each week we will feature a tip for living well or a recipe that we have created or re-invented.
Please let us know what you think of our recipes. We are always looking for taste testers who love to share their views. If you like them, please pass them on to others.
To print a PDF of the recipe: Date Nut Balls
DATE NUT BALLS
Makes 12-20 balls
3/4 cups raw pumpkin seeds, coarsely ground
1 1/4 cups unsweetened dried dates, chopped
2 tbsp. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor.
2. Process until they form a ball (about 5 minutes).
3. Using hands, form mixture into balls.
4. Optional: roll in shaved unsweetened coconut, or cocoa or ground sesame seeds.
5. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Instead of pumpkins use almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, sesame seeds or a combination
Instead of cocoa use coffee substitute, unsweetened coconutCreated by: Mary Sherriff, ROHP, For Your Health Nutrition & Wellness