There are a number of benefits to eating salmon. In particular it is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which are necessary for many bodily functions that keep us healthy. These fatty acids reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, reduce inflammation, improve brain function, improve eye health, ease PMS, give us beautiful skin, nails, hair, support strong bones and the list goes on.
For a PDF copy, Salmon Cakes
Makes about 12 patties
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 4 cans Sockeye salmon (no salt added)
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt (do not use if using salmon with salt)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 4 tbsp oatmeal
- Mix ground flax seed with 3 tbsp hot water, stir and let sit until cool.
- Chop onion, garlic, spinach. Saute in oil until soft and let cool.
- Drain salmon and place in large mixing bowl.
- To cooled onion mixture, add Dijon mustard, salt, chopped dill, oatmeal, and cooled flax seed mixture.
- Lightly mix and form into about 12 patties.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with plain yogurt or mix yogurt with lemon juice, chopped dill, and ground pepper.