- Raw tomatoes contain high levels of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant and cancer fighter.
- Black beans are an excellent source of fibre and protein.
- Garlic is known to be an immune booster when eaten raw and chopped.
For a PDF copy of the recipe, BlackBeanDip PDF
- 1 large tomato chopped (seeded)
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Remove seeds from tomato and chop finely.
- Roughly mash 1/4 cup of the black beans.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Let salsa rest in fridge for at least 2 hours to absorb flavours.
- Serve with whole grain tortillas. (I make my own chips by using Sprouted Grain Tortillas and baking them in the oven. You can find these in most large grocery stores in the freezer section)
Variations: Yellow or orange tomatoes, any kind of beans you have on hand, fresh herbs like basil or parsley, add chopped avocado, chopped peppers and vary the spices according to your taste.