These tacos take little cooking time and mostly chopping. Get dinner or lunch ready without much fuss.
Fish Tacos with Fresh Veggies
For PDF copy of recipe, Fish Tacos with Fresh Veggie
Serves 2-3 people
• 2 Tilapia fish fillets (or other white fish)
• Juice from ½ lime
• ¼ teaspoon Salt and Pepper
• ¼ teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
• 1 tomato
• ½ avocado
• 2 mushrooms
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro
• ½ cup shredded zucchini
• Juice of ½ lime and ½ lemon
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• Corn or whole grain soft taco shells (2 per person)
- Place fish fillets on baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil, lime juice, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Bake at 375° F for 15 minutes, turning once half way through baking.
- Let fish cool and then flake with fork and set aside.
- To prepare filling, seed and dice tomato, dice avocado and mushrooms, chop cilantro, shred zucchini.
- Mix vegetables together and add juice of ½ lime and ½ lemon. Add dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble tacos by layering fish on shells and adding veggie mixture on top.
Note: If you prefer, eliminate taco shells and add fish and veggies to bed of lettuce or spinach. Add extra olive oil and lime juice.
Pingback: Warm Up and Cool Down: To Do or Not to Do? | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself
Pingback: 7 Dinners for Healthy Eating | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself