These tacos take little cooking time and mostly chopping. Get dinner or lunch ready without much fuss.
For PDF copy of recipe, Fish Tacos with Fresh Veggie
Serves 2-3 people
• 2 Tilapia fish fillets (or other white fish)
• Juice from ½ lime
• ¼ teaspoon Salt and Pepper
• ¼ teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
• 1 tomato
• ½ avocado
• 2 mushrooms
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro
• ½ cup shredded zucchini
• Juice of ½ lime and ½ lemon
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• Corn or whole grain soft taco shells (2 per person)
- Place fish fillets on baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil, lime juice, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Bake at 375° F for 15 minutes, turning once half way through baking.
- Let fish cool and then flake with fork and set aside.
- To prepare filling, seed and dice tomato, dice avocado and mushrooms, chop cilantro, shred zucchini.
- Mix vegetables together and add juice of ½ lime and ½ lemon. Add dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble tacos by layering fish on shells and adding veggie mixture on top.
Note: If you prefer, eliminate taco shells and add fish and veggies to bed of lettuce or spinach. Add extra olive oil and lime juice.