A simple yet sophisticated-tasting chicken dish appropriate for any celebration. Liqueurs always make food taste better!
For PDF copy of recipe, Chicken Amaretto
- 3 tablespoons brown rice flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (boneless and flattened)
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 4 large mushrooms, chopped or thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock (or brewed lemon ginger or orange spice tea)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon pure almond extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Blend flour with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken in flour mixture to cover.
- In medium skillet, saute onions, bell pepper in grapeseed oil for 2 minutes, then add chicken. Brown chicken for 2 minutes on each side. Add mushrooms and cook for 1 more minute.
- Place chicken and vegetables in a prepared 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In original skillet, on medium heat stir in Dijon mustard, chicken stock, orange juice, Amaretto, almond extract, and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Pour liquid onto chicken and cover dish.
- Bake at 365 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
Pingback: Musings about Motherhood | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself