If you like creamy chicken soup or mushroom soup, you’ll love this chicken lasagna. It’s an easy dinner to make when you have leftover cooked chicken to use up.
Credit: Aspire Perspire Nourish Yourself
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons rice flour (or flour of choice)
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded and divided
- 3/4 cups grated parmesan cheese for topping
- 12 rectangular lasagna noodle sheets (I used no boil kind)
- In medium pot, cook onions, mushrooms in butter until soft.
- Add salt, basil and flour and stir until well blended into vegetables.3. Slowly add vegetable broth 1/2 cup at a time to make sure flour does not clump. \
- Slowly add vegetable broth 1/2 cup at a time to make sure flour does not clump.
- Add coconut milk and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese until well blended.
- Add 1 cup of shredded chicken and simmer sauce for about 3-5 minutes.
- Prepare a 7 x 11 baking pan and layering ingredients.
- Pour 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup of sauce at bottom of baking pan and spread. Top with 1 layer of lasagna noodles (about 3 noodles).
- Top noodles with another 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup of sauce and spread onto noodles. Top with 1/2 cup of shredded chicken and sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- Continue to layer in the same order: noodles, sauce, chicken, cheese until done. This recipe should give you 4 layers.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
- Enjoy with tossed salad or steamed vegetables.
You must be logged in to post a comment.