Like tarty drinks? This version of lemonade is quick to make and refreshing. It tastes a bit like a sinful margarita but without the calories!
*Note that this drink is tart and if you like a little more sweetness, add the extra tablespoon of honey. You can also make this drink vegan by using maple syrup instead of honey.
Lemon Basil Refresher
- 1 cup water
- 1 small lemon, quartered (with or without rind)
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons raw honey*
- 1 one-inch piece fresh ginger
- 8-10 ice cubes (1 heaping cup)
- Blend all ingredients together. Add 1 tablespoon of honey at a time. Taste to decide whether to add more honey for a sweeter version.
You must be logged in to post a comment.