Brussels Sprouts are a close cousin of cabbage and even look like mini cabbages so why not make them into a slaw? For this recipe, we chose to steam the brussels sprouts before combining them with the apple and carrots. However, you can make this recipe with raw brussels sprouts if you prefer the crunch in your slaw.
For PDF copy of recipe, Brussels Sprouts and Apple Slaw
- 2 1/2 cups brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 apple, cored and peeled
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Steam brussels sprouts for about 3 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes
- Slice apple into matchsticks.
- In medium bowl, combine brussels sprouts, carrots, apple. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to vegetable and apple mixture and combine well.
- Store in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold as side dish.