A good weeknight comfort dinner, or fancy enough for a special dinner party entree.
Sicilian Sweet Style Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, thin slice
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup celery
- 2/3 cup onion
- 1/3 cup olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2.5 tsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine flour, salt and pepper and chicken in resealable bag. Toss to coat chicken with flour. Set aside.
- Dice celery, onion, olives and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté celery and onion in oil until onion is translucent. Add chicken and brown on each side. Be sure to scoop the celery and onions and place on top of chicken so that they do not burn while chicken is browning.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken stock, water, white wine vinegar, and sugar. Mix to dissolve sugar.
- To the skillet, add olives, raisins and chicken stock mixture.
- Simmer chicken for about 20 minutes or until chicken no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of broth from skillet and mix to make runny paste.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add paste to skillet and stir until broth thickens.
- Serve chicken with broth/veggie mixture on top or as the base.
Approximate Nutriton for 1 Serving: Calories 337; Total Fat 13.3g; Cholesterol 101mg; Sodium 296mg; Potassium 451mg; Carbohydrates 18.9g; Dietary Fiber 1.7g; Sugars 9.0g; Protein 34.1g.
GOOD POINTS: High in niacin; High in selenium.