The marinade is tasty so no need to add more but you can choose to finish off your fajitas with greek yogurt and/or cheese.
For those watching their carbs, choose lettuce to wrap your fajitas or simply add to your favorite greens.
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. freeze dried oregano (1 tsp fresh)
- 3/4 pound beef sliced into strips (we used top sirloin), or use chicken or shrimp
- 1/2 sweet medium onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, cut matchstick style
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 4-6 whole grain tortilla shells
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 4-6 tbsp greek yogurt (optional)
- 4-6 tbsp salsa (optional)
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients for marinade. Add beef and let marinate for 10 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Prepare vegetables as directed and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, cook beef with marinade in 1 tbsp of grapeseed oil at medium-high heat until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add vegetables to skillet (add another tablespoon of oil if needed) and cook until tender soft.
- Add beef back into skillet with vegetables, and cook until all liquid is evaporated and mixture begins to char. Remove from heat.
- To prepare fajitas, take one tortilla and spread 1 tsp of greek yogurt and/or salsa on it (if using). Add 1/2 cup beef and vegetable mixture to tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese (if using). Roll and enjoy!