Famous as a pasta sauce, but simple enough to make for grilled chicken, steak, fish, rice and grilled veggies.
For PDF copy of recipe, Simple Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups Packed fresh basil leafs, washed and dried
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Pine nuts
- 6 tbsp. Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until a paste is formed. Add more oil if necessary.
- Note: Can be refrigerated in a mason jar and used within a week (color will change slightly) or use half and freeze other half
- Instead of pine nuts use walnuts or almonds or omit altogether
- Mix 1/2 spinach, 1/2 basil for a milder flavor