A sweet twist on an old favorite! Add fresh basil to your guacamole for a sweet summery taste – a bit of pesto and guacamole in one bite.
This guacamole is also great as a spread for wraps or sandwiches.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded or grated)
- 1/2 small jalapeno (add the whole jalapeno if you like it hot!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more if preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (more if preferred)
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients.
- Process until smooth.
- Refrigerate for a least 1 hour to set.
- Enjoy with whole grain tortilla chips, crackers, or veggies.