Boost your intake of vitamin A and C with butternut squash. This soup is delicious and just what you’ll crave on a day when you need some extra TLC.
For PDF copy of recipe, Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb/454 g Butternut Squash (for easy cooking, buy peeled and precut)
- 1 medium Carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk Celery, chopped
- 1 red Onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 inch Fresh ginger piece
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 4 cups Chicken stock or vegetable stock (unsalted or low salt)
- 1 tsp salt (omit if using salted stock)
- Place chopped squash, carrots, celery, onions and garlic in a bowl. Add olive oil, thyme and toss.
- Place vegetables on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Place baked vegetables in a pot. Add stock and salt (if using), bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Blend soup with an immersion blender or blend in a food processor.
- Serve warm.