Want a treat? Chocolate Chunk Cookies will satisfy your sugar fix even though the recipe has little added sugar.
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
For PDF copy of recipe, Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Makes 24 small cookies
- 1 1/2 cup Oats (quick cooking)
- 1 cup Sorghum Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa
- 4 tbsp Cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup Extra dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- In large bowl mix oats, sorghum flour, cocoa, sugar and baking powder.
- In separate bowl mix egg, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Lightly mix. Add chocolate and mix until blended.
- On parchment lined baking sheet scoop out 1 1/2 tablespoon of dough, about 1/2 inch apart. Flatten with back of fork.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Let cool on rack.
Pingback: Muscle of the Month: Perfect Pectorals | Aspire, Perspire, Nourish Yourself