**This post contains affiliate links and we will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on our links.
After a workout do you crave something a little sweet? This pudding recipe is a perfect post-workout refuel – a little sweet and very low on the Glycemic Index (GI)! It is made with protein powder and almond milk for an extra boost of protein, which is important for re-building muscle.
Chocolate Protein Pudding
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder (we used ALOHA)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- Add almond milk, protein powder, vanilla, and maple syrup in blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Add xanthan gum and blend until thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Pour in individual serving bowls and sprinkle with cinnamon (optional).
- If you like your pudding thick and cold, chill in refrigerator for 1/2 hour. You can also try freezing it for an even colder, popsicle-like treat.
- For extra boost of protein, add 1 cup protein powder instead of 1/2. Protein intake will be 20g instead of 10g for this recipe with 1 full cup of powder.
Nutrition (each of 2 servings): 131 calories, fat 6g, sodium 290mg, carbs 10g, dietary fiber 4g, sugars 4g, protein 10g.
We used ALOHA Chocolate Protein in this recipe. If you’d like to try this product, see their free trial offer.
Not sure which ALOHA products to try first? While you can’t go wrong with any of them, a really cool thing that ALOHA offers is their free trial kits. You can actually try some of their top products for free to see if you like them. Here are a few of their free trials that are definitely worth trying out:
- ALOHA Protein Free Trial – Includes 2 packets of ALOHA protein, 1 Vanilla and 1 Chocolate
- ALOHA Ultimate Tea Kit– Includes 4 ALOHA Coconut sticks; 4 Tea pouches – 1 Protect, 1 Beauty, 1 Clean, and 1 Lovers
- Superfood Smoothie Kit – Includes 3 Daily Good Greens; 2 ALOHA Protein (Vanilla, Chocolate)
If you try our pudding recipe, post a picture on Instagram and let us know what you think of it at @aspireperspirenourish.